Bob Pennella Inspector/Technician of the Year Award
ASQ North Jersey helps to promote quality involvement in non-managerial positions by awarding Bob Pennella Inspector/Technician of the award to a deserving candidate. This award comes with a professional recognition and a financial award of $500
Any inspector or technician can nominate themselves or they can be nominated by someone else. The only requirement is that the applicant performs as a quality inspector or quality technician in the position at least 50% of their time.
Each applicant must complete an application form and answer the questions listed.
Applicants will be judged by the following criteria:
On the job knowledge and abilities
- General knowledge and abilities: inspection, test, calibration, audit etc.
- Defect prevention and failure analysis abilities
- Data recording and measurement techniques
- Cost reductions, as applicable
- Statistical applications, as applicable
- Any other pertinent information related to job knowledge and abilities
On the job interpersonal relations as well as cooperation with
- Other departments and/or teams
- Customers (as applicable)
- Help and guidance to manufacturing/service personnel
- Mentoring peers in lower classifications and/or other departments.
- Types of certifications held (CMI, CQA, CQT):
a.Technical papers presented
c.Teaching any technical courses (internally or externally)
d.Completion of any technical courses, quality seminars, and/or specialized training
- Any other pertinent information relating to the candidate’s professional development (college, trade school, involvement in ASQ activities, etc.
Recipient of this awards are further nomination for Inspector of the Year award which is presented by Inspection Division of ASQ headquarters.
For additional information please contact our Bob Pennella Inspector/Technician awards chair Michelle Carenza @ (firstname.lastname@example.org)